Albanian-Greek student dies by medical error in Athens, suspected of anesthesia overdose

Albanian-Greek student dies by medical error in Athens, suspected of anesthesia overdose
Alexandra Bistolaki
 22-year-old Alexandra Bistolaki lost her life due to a medical error. Born in Corinth, Greece, the Albanian-Greek student underwent a routine intervention on May 22 to remove a cyst that caused her a hormonal disorder.

She underwent surgery in the private clinic of a local well-known doctor in the center of Corinth, but according to the evidence, with a difficult history in such mistakes, the student complained that she was not feeling well. Her mother, Anila Mertika, an immigrant from Saranda, and her father, a local, transferred the girl to a large hospital in Athens, Georgios Genimatas. But a few hours after the intervention, Aleksandra Bistolaki fell into a coma.

Although the report of the forensic doctor is expected, the first evidence concerns an overdose of anesthesia.

Extremely exciting was the reaction across Greece, from the Corinth area where the student spent her childhood, to Preveza, where she studied Finance and Accounting, and even outside Greece, after thousands of people responded to the hospital call by donating blood for saving the life of Alexandra.

It is about an event that caused a media boom, as everyone is talking about a wonderful girl, pupil and student. On June 1, the 22-year-old lost the tough battle, grieving the family and all her friends. In the Greek and social media, endless news and messages demand justice for the student who passed away on the eve of her 23rd anniversary, with reactions from teachers and professors who remember her with great respect and love.
Albanian-Greek student dies by medical error in Athens, suspected of anesthesia overdose Albanian-Greek student dies by medical error in Athens, suspected of anesthesia overdose Tuesday, June 02, 2020 Rating: 5
Loading...
Powered by Blogger.